Last year was a great year for my blog. While I’m excited that my posts got more hits this year than last year (and last year was up quite a bit over the previous years), I’m more excited that so many of you continue to interact with me and one another in the comments.
Since I started this blog in March 2006, I’ve published just over 4,000 posts, and those posts have received just over 24,000 comments. That’s an average of 6 comments per post! Of course, some posts do not get any comments, and some posts get many more than 6 comments.
So, thank you for reading, and thank you also for commenting! I truly learn alot through the comments on this blog.
These are the top 10 most read posts on my blog from 2012:
- “What pastoring is NOT” (from April 2012)
- “Why is it so difficult to find organic church life?” (from January 2012)
- “From the Anabaptists: Spittlemayr on Love and Property” (from May 2012)
- “Sermons sound like a great idea, but what are people getting from them?” (from February 2012)
- “People want real examples of organic church life” (from January 2012)
- “Which Distinctive Beliefs and Practices of Anabaptists are Important for the Church Today?” (from May 2012)
- “The Call to Worship” (from November 2012)
- “A Scholar’s Convictions Concerning the Church” (from July 2012)
- “Chain Blog: One Another” (from October 2012)
- “What do I mean when I use the word CHURCH?” (from August 2012)
Several older posts (from before 2012) also continue to get alot of hits. The pre-2012 posts below were the most read during 2012:
- “Definition: Church (or Ekklesia)” (from April 2011)
- “Guest Post: How does the church respond to poverty?” (from April 2011)
- “The Day of Pentecost in the Upper Room” (from May 2011)
- “Theological Sources: Scripture, Tradition, Reason, Experience, And?” (from February 2011)
- “The ekklesia and the kuriakon” (from July 2007)
- “Was Timothy the Bishop of Ephesus?” (from December 2008)
- “Colossians – Exhortations about prayer and outsiders” (from February 2011)
- “How Does God Communicate?” (from March 2007)
- “What Scripture teaches about the church” (from March 2011)
- “Ephesians 4:11 and the Five-Fold Ministry” (from April 2007)
Thank you again! I don’t think you’ll ever know how much I appreciate you.
What was your favorite post from 2012? Is it one of the ones listed above? Or another one?