By the way, I love the title of his blog, “Bible Study Geek,” and I love that he includes the verb “grok” in the description, “Nerd Groks Word” (under the title of his blog). (HT: Robert A. Heinlein)
In this particular post, Randy foresees the demise of the modern church organizational structures. While I think the various organizations are going to hang around for awhile, I wanted to point you to his post because of the way the post ends:
What will the church look like in the future? Nothing like what you probably think of as church, that is certain.
- Your church will be more like what you think of as a small group today.
- Leadership structures will be flexible and dynamic.
- Your church won’t own property.
- No one in your church will be paid by the church.
- Your church will demonstrate love for one another like you’ve never seen before.
- Your church will be like your family instead of like your club.
- You will be both a disciple and a mentor.
Randy’s “church of the future” sounds very familiar to me…