Here are some thoughts about structure:
- Healthy organisms have structure.
- Unhealthy organisms have structure.
- Dead organisms have structure.
- Things that are not organisms at all have structure.
- Structure is not a sign of life.
- Structure can aid organisms.
- Structure can hinder organisms.
- Structure can kill organisms.
- The type of structure can be an important issue.
- When an organism is living, the structure adapts to the needs of the organism.
- When an organism dies, the structure remains fixed.
- Structure is not the most important thing.
- Structure can be a very important thing.
While the above observations do not only apply to the church, I think they do apply to the church.