A few days ago, in my post “What if we met to edify one another?“, Jeff from “Thoughts from Jeff” left several good comments. In one of his comments, he listed some things that he would like to see happen when the church meets together. This is his list:
Thus, the meeting would be the following:
- a time of gathering (music & fellowship)
- introduction to the theme for the day
- scriptural reading
- sharing time (individuals/groups sharing what is occurring – especially in light of the theme)
- connecting points (challenge of what we are learning/sharing to what is happening in the community)
- message board where all celebrations/prayers of group individuals are at in their journey
- meal (individuals interacting)
- body prayer
- blessing (individuals encourage/build up/pray for individuals and groups to have a “successful” week in the community
I asked him if he would explain each item and how those items would lead to edification. He has done just that in a post called “Dreaming of Church“. Jeff did a great job of explaining what he would like to see happen during a church meeting, and I appreciate the thought and work that went into his post.
I wonder, would anyone else like to list one or more things that you would like to see happen during the church meeting?