Brandon, at “Eleutheros“, has tagged me for this thing that is currently going around the blogosphere. Here are the rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Donâ€™t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
So, here are 7 random facts/habits about me:
1. I met my wife, Margaret, in the fourth grade. Well, she wasn’t my wife then. We didn’t get married for 13 years.
2. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. For our first anniversary, my wife gave me a Fender Stratocaster guitar. I’ve taken a few lessons, played with some friends, but I still can’t play it. Maybe one day.
3. I once considered myself an agnostic, and even argued against Christianity with my college dorm mates. I never thought of myself as an atheist. (By the way, I taught Sunday School during this time. I knew all the “correct” answers, and no one could tell the difference.)
4. I know absolutely nothing about cars, except how to fill up the gas tank and add air to the tires.
5. I had never watched an NFL game on TV until my son asked me to watch with him one Sunday afternoon. He was asking questions about the rules (specific to NFL) that I didn’t know. I love football, especially college football, but not professional football.
6. I love being outside, especially in the mountains, but I don’t like the beach that much. I do like spending time with my family at the beach, which we are doing soon. But, my favorite place to be is in the mountains.
7. I like to watch the TV show 24. It’s about the only show that I try not to miss. In fact, our family likes to watch it together. We didn’t start watching the show until a couple of years ago. Margaret and I both had the flu one weekend, and there was a 24 marathon on cable. We started watching the marathon and really liked the show. I’m not sure we would have liked it if we started watching it one show per week.
Now, I am supposed to tag others to do this thingy. If you decide to play along, please comment here so people can read your 7 things.