Steve Sensenig tagged me to answer “Five(ish) Things I’d Like to Know About You.” I’ve never been tagged before, so I thought I would give this a try. It’s not that I want you to know so much about me, but because I want to tag others! So, here goes…
0) Whatâ€™s your name and website URL? (optional, of course)
My name is Alan Knox (you’ll find it at the top right of my blog under “About Me.”). My website (blog) URL is http://assembling.blogspot.com (which is where you probably are right now).
1) Whatâ€™s the most fun work youâ€™ve ever done, and why? (two sentences max)
Teaching Greek at Southeastern College. I started teaching Fall 2006, and I had a blast because I love to see people’s faces light up when they read the Greek NT!
2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)
B. Name one thing youâ€™ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)
A. Mountain bike riding: I loved mountain bike riding, but I am not in shape to ride now, nor do I have the time.
B. Play guitar: I own two guitars, but only know enough to sound really bad.
3) A. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)
B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)
A. Well, the first is easy: guitar, which I mentioned in question #2. The second would be Greek. I would love to be able to read the Greek NT as well as I can read English.
B. Honestly, my first choice would be Jesus Christ. I can’t think of anyone else that could teach me exactly what I need to know.
4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
B. Now list two more words you wish described youâ€¦
A. Wow, this one is hard. I’d rather ask them. hmmm… (I cheated and asked my wife, and these are her words that other people would use to describe me) intelligent, down-to-earth (only counts as one word), and fun.
B. Romantic (I wish my wife could use this more about me) and Spirit-led (also only counts as one word).
5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causesâ€“ three sentences max)
1) Jesus Christ, 2) my wife, 3) my family.
6) Writeâ€“and answerâ€“one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)
Q: What is God doing in your life right now?
A: God is showing me how to treat people as more important than things and agendas.
[Bonus: What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?]
What is God doing in my life right now?
I am supposed to tag five other people. I think this is kinda like a chain letter without the bad repurcusions if you break the chain. So, if you don’t respond to my tag, nothing bad will happen, except I will stop being your friend… which, come to think of it, may be a good thing. So, here are the five people that I tag, in alphabetical order:
Please leave a comment if you post your answers. Thank you, and have fun!